What to Keep In an Essentials Box
Before moving or relocating, you are strongly advised to prepare an essentials box. This is a box full of items you’ll need for your last few days before you move and/or the first few days in your new home. The essentials box should be the last box you pack before you move out of your old home. Read our blog to find out how to identify what to keep in an essential box. And if you need more help with packing, you can always rely on residential movers in Van Nuys.
If you try to categorize items placed there by room, your box should contain the following:
- hand soap and hand towels (or paper towels);
- toilet paper;
- shower gel, shampoo, and hair conditioner;
- bathroom towels;
- blow dryer;
- shower curtain and bath mat
- a set of bed linen for every family member – sheets, pillows, pillow cases, etc.;
- enough blankets for everyone;
- a set or two of clothing for every member of the family
- paper plates and plastic utensils for a makeshift first-night dinner;
- a few mugs and cups;
- paper towels;
- non-perishable food;
- bottled water;
- light snacks and drinks to get you through moving day;
- prescription medicines;
- first-aid kit;
- allergy meds;
- pain relievers;
- hand sanitizers;
- glasses or contact lens and contact lens solution.
Add in your essential moving box the following tools: a knife, a set of screwdrivers, an adjustable wrench, a hammer, and any other hand tools you find useful, as well as a flashlight, a measuring tape, a can opener, a bottle opener, scissors, batteries.
- Electronic devices with their charges and adapters (if applicable) – phones, laptops, tablets, cameras, players, and any other electronic gadgets that can be used to stay in touch, find information, or entertain yourselves.
- Books, games, or any other relaxation and comfort items.
If you need help with your move, do not hesitate to contact us. Read more!